Thursday, June 19, 2008

A New Beginning

well here I go, another beginning in the blogosphere. I am a pastor who has found a passion as a hospice spiritual care counselor in the Los Angeles area. I have found it a wonderful privilege to listen and to help individuals to come to a place of peace, and to address their questions of faith. I don't claim to have all the answers, and the process of coming to peace is different for each person. Each of us have different questions, and different stories. But I believe in a God who loves unconditionally, who seeks each of us, accepts us, and is abundant in grace. So hopefully, in this blog I can share some stories of individuals I have encountered in these last few years. The stories of peoples'experiences, and how they have touched me as well. As a spiritual counselor, I would be remiss if I didn't allow the stories of faith and spirit touch me, and speak to me, and inform my own journey. I would hope that if I stopped allowing others' journies to touch my own, I would quit with the understanding that I had somehow been hardened to the realities and the power of the Spiritual journey as someone dies. A journey that not only affects the patient, but their families, and all with whom they encounter along the way.

2 Comments:

At June 19, 2008 at 11:01 PM , Blogger XtnYoda said...

Going to be looking forward to following your journey here Susan!

With the final journey of so many being extended to greater and greater lengths via wonderful medical abilities this ministry is so very important! One of the most demanding in our day.

God Bless!

 
At June 21, 2008 at 1:26 PM , Blogger jkolar said...

Looking forward to taking the journey with you Susan!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home