Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The Ocean

What is it about the ocean that is so spiritual? Today my inlaws, my parents, my son and I went to The Getty Villa on Pacific Coast Highway. It was gorgeous. But I will tell you, on the way home, we stopped to walk on the beach. There is just something about walking along the beach, getting the sand between your toes and having the water run up on your legs that is so refreshing. It seems to wipe any time away, and the salt water air, wipes away any stress that may have been present.

Watching the people who are all relaxing; people flying kites, swimming or chasing each other in the water, watching the seagulls, etc. renews the spirit, and brings such a huge smile to my face. I need to do this more often. Here, we only live about 30 minutes from the beach, and I may as well be hours away. We rarely go. Getting caught into a routine of working and errands around the house, etc.

I need more salt air, more sand between my toes, more ocean water on my feet and legs, and maybe even the whole bod! I need to watch more seagulls and children of all ages in a mode of relaxation. It's good for the spirit, to refresh the soul and to renew us all. Ahhhhhh.

Susan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home