Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Blessing

Today I went to visit with the man I spoke about in my previous post. He is very weak, and was waiting for a cousin to arrive to say goodbye. Through very garbled speech, he said, "Say Something!" I asked if I could give him a blessing. He nodded his head yes.

These are the words I gave to him:

May the Lord Bless you and keep you.
May The Lord make His face to shine upon you
and be gracious to you. May the Lord lift up his
countenance upon you and give you Peace."

He mouthed "Thank you." and went to sleep.

His only requests were to go to sleep and not be in pain. So far, both are true for him. May they remain so.

2 Comments:

At October 16, 2008 at 10:48 PM , Blogger Kathy H said...

Your presence was already a blessing to him.

 
At October 17, 2008 at 7:23 AM , Blogger SusanWM said...

Thank you, Kathy. You too are a blessing, my friend.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home