Sunday, August 8, 2010

Clouds

Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
And feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way.
But now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone.
So many things I would have done but clouds got in my way.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now,
From up and down, and still somehow
It's cloud illusions I recall.
I really don't know clouds at all.

*******************


While on vacation on the Colorado plains, I have been amazed at the beautiful cloud formations each day. They seem to stir something within me that is beyond what I am even aware of at the moment. But I know that I find myself looking up into the sky countless times during the day and taking note, at least mentally, at what they look like, as well as having a desire to keep watching as they change from one minute to the next. They are at one time large, white and fluffy, and at other times feather-like as the wind moves them. Later on in the early evening they grow dark and dramatic, and threatening, bringing thunder and lighting, and yet still beautiful. As the sunsets come, they are bright orange or pink, next to the gray, and show a kind of drama of contrasts. But as Joni Mitchell says, "I really don't know clouds at all."

But, something about the clouds attract me, as I take notice of the differences, and look up into the different layers, colors, and that sense of something beautiful beyond this earth. I am not thinking of angels and halos, but something even more spiritual and ethereal.

Maybe it touches that part of me that is mystery and that is ever changing? That part of me that is spirit, and that part of me that is at one time light, and bright, and other times dark and stormy. And, no, I am not bi- polar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home