Thursday, July 17, 2008

Yosemite

Today we are at Yosemite National Park. It has to be my favorite place on the earth. Coming out of the tunnel on Ca. Hwy 41, is the most breathtaking shot, of the whole Valley laid out before you. There is El Capitan over to the left side, with it's massive, flat, solid granite shooting up, to the heavens. Then there is Half Dome, with his curved back and point. Directly across the valley from El Capitan is Cathedral Spires; three solid rock steeples, side by side, reaching up. I see this site and I think of Ps. 8, "Oh Lord, Our Lord, How Majestic is Your Name in all the Earth!"



Continuing on the highway beyond this viewpoint, takes you to the floor of the Valley, where there are beautiful meadows, and the Merced River gently winding down through the valley. In one of the meadows is a little brown church, small, very natural looking, and surrounded by beauty. Maybe this is my retirement calling!!!! Oh, Please God, Can I suffer for you here? (Teeheehee).



The fun part is showing this favorite place of mine to my son, and my mother and brother in laws who are all seeing it for the first time. I am not sure whether they or I am in more awe. Them for seeing the beauty for the first time, or me getting the blessing of seeing it again. Hopefully our Spirits are ones who can maintain the Awe of God's creation, even if seeing it for the tenth time, as if seeing for the first time; with awe, splendor and wonder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home